Inventory of Mrs Agnes Dick or McCubbin
(In margin – Dick or McCubbin £11)
At Glasgow the 9th May 1848 Compeared John Stewart Writer Glasgow and gave in the Inventory to be recorded whereof the tenor follows
Inventory of the personal Estate of the deceased Mrs Agnes Dick or McCubbin relict of the also now deceased Hamilton McCubbin Hillman at Hamilton Farm Colliery near Rutherglen who resided in Struthers Street Calton Glasgow and who died upon the 11th day of February 1847 years with interest on the principal sums at that date.
1. To amount contained in Deposit receipt by the Royal Bank of Scotland at Glasgow No. 52653 in name of the said Mrs Agnes McCubbin dated 3d December 1844 £60 To interest thereon from that date till 11th February 1847 date of deceaseds death 3-7-8
2. To amount contained in Deposit receipt by the said Royal Bank of Scotland at Glasgow No. 56338 in name of said Mrs McCubbin dated 12 January 1846 100 To interest thereon from that date till date of deceaseds death 3-4-11
3. To amount contained in Deposit receipt No. 56,690 by the said Royal Bank of Scotland at Glasgow in name of the said Mrs Agnes McCubbin dated 19 February 1846 85 To interest thereon from that date till date of deceaseds death 2-9-10
4. To account No. 5344 with the Provident Savings Bank Glasgow for £30 Sterling in name of Mrs Agnes McCubbin per 30 To interest thereon till date of deceaseds death 14-10
5. To Household Furniture & Effects which belonged per Inventory & Valuation under the hands of Barclay & Skirving auctioneers & valuators in Glasgow dated February 1847 28-7-3
At Saint Andrews Fifeshire the 5th day of May 1848 years. In Presence of William Davidson Playfair Esquire on of Her Majestys Justices of the Peace for the Shire of Fife Appeared William Gibson Merchant Saint Andrews Fifeshire Factor Commissioner and Attorney for and in name and behalf of James McCubbin or McAlpine Merchant & General Trader residing at Waikato in the Northern District of the territory of New Zealand conform to Deed of Factory and Commission made and executed by the said James McCubbin or McAlpine in favor of the said William Gibson dated 2d October 1847 and registered in the Sheriff Court Books of Lanarkshire kept at Glasgow the 13th of March 1848 years. The said James McCubbin or McAlpine being Executor of the deceased Mrs Agnes Dick or McCubbin his Mother who was relict of the also deceased Hamilton McCubbin Hillman at Hamilton Farme Colliery near Rutherglen. The said deceased Mrs Agnes Dick or McCubbin resided in Struthers St Calton Glasgow at the time of her death. The said Wm Gibson being solemnly sworn & examined depones that Mrs Agnes Dick or McCubbin as the Deponent has been informed and credibly believes died upon the 11th day of February 1847; and the Deponent has entered upon possession and management of the deceaseds personal Estate as Factor Commissioner & attorney for and in name and behalf of the said James McCubbin or McAlpine Executor qua nearest of kin decerned to her by the Commissary of Lanarkshire: That the Deponent does not know of any Settlement relative to the disposal of the deceaseds personal Estate or Effects or any part of same; That the said Inventory which is signed by the Deponent as relative hereto is a full and true Copy of all the personal and moveable Estate and Effects of the said Mrs Agnes Dick or McCubbin wherever situated already recovered or known to be existing belonging or was due to her beneficially at the time of her death; and that the Value of the said Estate situate in Scotland is of the value of £300 and under the Value of £400; All which is truth as the Deponent shall answer to God (signed) Wm Gibson W.D. Playfair J.P. County of Fife.